If a professional needs to be hired quickly you should follow some recommendations that favor your search. There are some candidates who simply do not know about these tips. “One person I spoke with recently did not know I should send a thank-you note after an interview. Another was not aware that he did not need to include all his many years of experience in his resume, “says Alison Doyle in his article” 15 Quick Tips to Get Hired Fast “, from The Balance portal.
Some of those recommendations are so simple, but they can make a difference. Others are quite significant that can ruin the job search. That is why it is important to highlight the 10 tips you must know to be hired quickly.
- Save time by using the advanced search options on job portals and its featured profile service . The main web of employment have an option “advanced search” where you can search by keyword, location, radio of a location, position, company, type of work, date of publication, among other options.
- Applying to each vacancy is not always a good idea. Focus your search on jobs for which you are qualified. You will have a better chance of being selected for an interview. Sending randomized résumés and cover letters will only be a waste of time. Before starting the job search, take the time to decide what kind of job you are looking for and what companies you want to reach.
- Do not stop applying to other jobs while you wait to receive information from recruiters. The majority of job seekers are rejected by more than 15 employers before getting a job. Learn from your mistakes, and keep applying until you get the right job.
- It is important to have a powerful cover letter or your curriculum vitae will not be observed. You only have a few seconds to impress a coach and you can opt for an interview. If you do not have the ability to show what you can do for the company in the first paragraph of your cover letter, you will not get an interview.
- It is also necessary to adapt the curriculum vitae for each application. Otherwise, it can be rejected.
- It is not necessary to include all your experience in the curriculum. Unfortunately, that’s not going to impress anyone, because it’s a lot of information.
- Be yourself, the rehearsed answers, the false smile and say what the interviewer wants to hear, are reactions that the interviewer notes. Employers want to know who they hire.
- Never say anything bad about a previous employer. In fact, one of the most common mistakes in the interview has to do with negative expressions towards previous bosses or co-workers. The first thing that the interviewer will think about is what he will say about his company when he retires.
- The creation of networks is an essential component in the search for successful employment. Most jobs are still found through networks, either online or in person. You never know who can help you find your next job, so you must inform your connections that you are looking for work.
- References can make a big difference when deciding your hiring. References are important, and recruiters check them. Get recommendations from bosses, coworkers, clients, subordinates and suppliers. Store them on sites like LinkedIn and share them whenever possible.
You may also like to read : 5 Mistakes To Avoid To Make A Good Google Adwords Campaign